Eagle Ridge Bible Fellowship (ERBF) is part of the BC Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches and adheres to the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches’ Confession of Faith. We seek to show Love through visible deeds of kindness, share Hope through the proclamation of the good news of Christ, and strengthen Faith through the building up of Christ followers.
Located in Coquitlam, BC we are actively recruiting for an individual to fill the role of part-time ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT. The individual will be required to thrive in a multi-faceted role and communicate with a diverse community of stakeholders in a diplomatic and professional manner. The role is a part-time job share – 2 half days per week with the anticipated potential to grow. Work will be on-site, following all Covid-19 protocols.
Reporting to the Lead Pastor and in accordance with the Eagle Ridge Bible Fellowship (ERBF) Statement of Faith, governing policies, and in harmony with other church ministries, the Administrative Assistant will play a key role in executing online communications as well as supporting additional administrative functions.
The person in this role will:
- Create and maintain online communications.
- Assist with the church website and weekly newsletter.
- Update and maintain social media (Facebook and Instagram) including posts and images; and respond to comments in a timely fashion.
- Serve as the first point of contact for phone, email, and occasional in-person queries.
- Help with supporting administrative functions, including occasional bank deposits and bill payments.
- Interact collaboratively with Pastoral Staff and our lead Administrative Assistant.
Skills & Abilities
- A servant leadership mindset.
- Excellent mastery of the English language, both written and verbal, to communicate via social media, email and phone.
- Proficient in MS Office, with the ability to type a minimum of 45 wpm.
- Experience writing good online copy for websites, newsletters, and social media (i.e., previous experience writing to a personal or professional blog or social media site) including choosing images.
- Experience posting to Facebook and Instagram, able to maintain updates and images, and respond to comments in a timely fashion.
- Comfortable with online newsletter distribution, some understanding of layouts and URL’s.
- Comfortable answering phones and writing email communications.
- Quick study; creative and motivated self-starter; confidence to take direction and work independently.
- Strong attention to detail to deliver work accurately.
- Ability to work with interruptions, prioritize time, and meet weekly deadlines.