VANCOUVER, BC – CULLODEN CHURCH – PASTORAL POSITIONS
Pastoral Ministry Description Title: Full Time Associate Pastor – focusing on Ministry Development
To work alongside the Lead Pastor to further equip, train and release volunteers to achieve the vision that God has given to the church. As the Associate Pastor, you have specific training in youth ministry and are able to give oversight in the musical ministry of the church. You are excited to see a church that has a new vision and sense of expectancy to see the strengthening of our faith through reaching out. You will be self-motivated, and have much faith, to train, and encourage existing believers to grow deeper with God and have more intentional relationships with those far from God.
The successful candidate will
- have previous church experience in a similar role
- have a Bachelor’s degree in a ministry related field (preferably a Master’s degree)
- be able to get credentialed with the B.C. Mennonite Brethren Conference
- focus on leadership development and growth in the area of youth through your previous training & experience in this area. You will coach, encourage and resource current leaders to spur on spiritual growth & greater faith, and bold initiatives to build friendships with those who need Jesus.
- spearhead & help facilitate new initiatives to reach the neighborhood around the church building. You will also seek others to own and embrace the new opportunities of mission, so the church is using their gifts individually.
- be very proficient in at least one musical instrument (ie. guitar or piano), and a heart & competency for leading corporately in worship. You will give oversight to the music ministry of the church, while supporting and helping develop a consistent, contemporary, and inspiring Sunday worship service. Your role is not to be the only Sunday leader, but to develop and raise the overall level of musical ability and spiritual expectation on Sunday with a team of leaders.
- serve with the Lead Pastor in all aspects of pastoral ministry where requested and gifted such as preaching, teaching, special events, group leadership, and pastoral care.
- be a team player with a proven track record of serving as a team member as well as building and leading teams of volunteers.
- be comfortable to build relationships with those who have been believers for many years to discipling those who are new to faith.
Responsible to: Lead Pastor
Responsible for: Volunteers & overseeing Ministry leaders/ Committee leaders