King Road is looking for a bookkeeper who has strong attention to detail, enjoys working with numbers, and has a heart for team-oriented church ministry. The bookkeeper is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports in regard to General Ledger, A/P, A/R, tax items, and monthly/year-end procedures. He/She provides financial support to the Church Treasurer through bookkeeping, banking, and reporting services.
This position is NOT responsible for contributions (i.e. donation processing) and has no direct involvement with church members.
Payroll simply requires journal entries as payroll services are contracted out.
This position reports directly to the Co-Lead Pastor responsible for administration. Under his direction, together with the Treasurer and Finance Committee, the bookkeeper maintains all necessary and appropriate records, files, and processes to ensure the smooth and compliant operation of the organization while focusing on accuracy.
This is a part-time position. Weekly schedule is open for negotiation, including the possibility of working remotely. We anticipate approximately 15-20 hours per month.
Wage will be negotiated in keeping with current wage structures. We are open to negotiating a monthly contract.
Duties will include:
- Accounts payable (entering expense reports, posting invoices, cheques, online payments)
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Financial data management, including T3010, T4a, and T5007 completion
- Maintain files and recording systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of experience in bookkeeping or related job
- An education in Bookkeeping or Accounting is preferred for this position.
- Knowledge of Excel and other Office applications
- Strong attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Friendly, service-oriented attitude committed to being a team-player
Proven track record of confidentiality and integrity