Children’s Ministry Intern
- Plan, organize and lead the SummerBlast VBS (Vacation Bible School) kids program for local community kids; Week long, multi-ethnic kids program for close to 200 kids and 60 volunteers; recruit and coordinate all volunteers, including application form and criminal record checks; Train leaders to effectively lead the kids; Receive and organize children’s registration and classes; Write and send out weekly SummberBlast VBS emails; Order and organize supplies for crafts and snacks; Decorations and props; Set up and oversee the SummerBlast VBS Social Media communications; Plan and lead a SummerBlast VBS follow up event in August (eg. A trip to the waterslides); Plan and run an open house parents meeting.
- Partner with SAPC (South Abbotsford Punjabi Church) with the children’s program for their annual conference at the end of August; Aid in planning and running of games, crafts and activities for 30-50 kids for the 3-day event.
- Prepare for the start of the KidsQuest Fall Sunday School programs; Download, customize and prepare all curriculum for 70-80 volunteers for the September kick-off (at least 3 months of curriculum for each person); Create ID name tags for all KidsQuest and Nursery leaders for September (approximately 150 individuals); Set up all attendance sheets for all classes.
- Coordinate two volunteer appreciation barbeque’s with the Family Ministry Pastor and KidsQuest Director; Children’s Ministry wrap-up to the ministry year; SummerBlast volunteers wrap up on the closing Friday of the week.
- Organize the KidsQuest resource rooms.
- Plan four summer family participation activities.
- Plan, teach and recruit volunteers for summer Sunday School lessons.
- Previous experience with youth or children (preferred)
- Ability to communicate to a wide range of audience (children to adults)
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills