Children’s Ministry Summer Intern
The Children’s Ministry Summer Intern is responsible for developing, organizing and serving in a variety of summer programs for kids, including but not limited to: summer Sunday school (July & August), running a kids club in July & August, and liaising with other neighbourhood programs and community groups.
The role will facilitate further spiritual growth and relational connection to kids currently attending Culloden Church and those in the community.
Note: This position is dependent on funding from the Canada Summer Jobs Program
– a committed follower of Jesus
– anyone between the ages of 18 – 30
– can agree to the Mennonite Brethren Confession of Faith (https://www.mennonitebrethren.ca/mb-beliefs/)
– previous church experience in leading and equipping volunteers for a children’s ministry & summer kids club & the familiarity with resources needed to execute such a program
– passionate, caring, and risk-oriented to see children from the community and the church engage with fun and gospel-centered ministry
– pass a criminal record check to be able to work with children
– must be able to work full time in Canada (International students can not apply)
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Lead Pastor
Terms of Employment:
– 36 hours/week for 16 weeks at $16.65/hour
– starting date to be determined (approx. mid-May to end of August)
– full time
– Sunday: 8:30am – 12pm
– Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9 am – 5 pm with ½ hour for lunch (32 hours); Actual hours week by week will be determined as certain events may be periodic in the evening (ie. attend youth night or young adults night)
– There will be extra hours during summer kids club time. Flexibility will be needed.
Key Responsibilities & Activities each week:
Mentored & Trained
Meet with the Lead Pastor to share, plan for the week, to pray, and follow up on any questions
Participate in a book study to foster spiritual growth & practical training and be stretched to use the gifts God has given you, as well as find more boldness and care for the church and community.
Coordinating a weekly Summer Kids Club
Work with the Lead Pastor and other children’s ministry leaders to develop a core ministry team of volunteers from Culloden to run a weekly summer kids club based out of the church building.
The successful running of this weekly day kids club will include finding a theme, curriculum, food, volunteers & advertising.
Summer Sunday School
As the Sunday School Leader, you are responsible to organize & implement a summer Sunday School program for 10-15 kids ages 4-9 years old.
Responsibilities will include: prepare for the program during the week (activities and crafts); recruit volunteers to assist & communicate so they are prepared for Sunday.
Serving in the Sunday service (ie. music team, kids ministry, greeting, etc)