English Ministry Intern
We are looking for a warm, self-motivated, community-minded Pastoral Intern who is looking for an opportunity to grow, explore, and work mainly with the youths and young adults with hands-on experience, and at the same time to benefit the congregation with the ministry gifts and abilities brought by the intern. Through this internship, our purpose is to form a mutually meaningful partnership between the pastoral intern and our pastor(s) and our leadership team as we seek to mentor, support and welcome the intern with love and care. If you love Christ, love His church and sense a call to pastoral ministry, prayerfully consider joining us.
Term: 12 months (Start Date: Anytime)
Objective: To present and show by example the gospel of Jesus Christ to the congregation and to encourage them in their spiritual growth through worship, prayer, and relationship.
Scope of Responsibility: Will be determined through a combination of candidate’s gifting and community need.
- Develop relationships with the youths and young adults, parents, and volunteer staff through individual and group contact, e-mail, and phone.
- Actively participate in regular congregational worship, and preach when needed.
- Meet regularly with the pastor(s) and leadership team for mentoring.
- Assist the leadership team in planning and executing ministry programs. These include Sunday service, Sunday school, fellowships, small groups, nursery/toddler care, and special events.
- Participate in leading activities as determined by the pastor(s) and leadership team.
- Maintain personal, spiritual, and professional growth.
- Growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ, the body of Christ, and God’s work in the world.
- Ability to work effectively with mainly youths and young adults, exhibiting understanding and patience.
- Candidates to have completed or be in the process of completing formal theological training at either the Bachelor or Masters level, however candidates will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Outside of formal education, we may also look for a combination of Character (has a high degree of self-awareness and integrity, and is also reliable, authentic, and demonstrates a strong work ethic), Competence (motivated to learn and develop new skills.), and Chemistry (is team-oriented and has strong interpersonal and communication skills).
20 hours of work per week including regular involvement on Sundays and fellowship days. Terms and duration of this contract are negotiated based on qualifications, experience, and capacity. Any dates when the intern would be unavailable should be discussed prior to the start date so that they can be factored into the internship plan.
- Salary, paid twice a month, in the range of $18/hour
- Mentoring and support from church leaders
- References for education and future employment