English Ministry Pastor for Children & Families
PORT MOODY, BC – PORT MOODY PACIFIC GRACE MB CHURCH – PASTORAL POSITIONS
Port Moody Pacific Grace MB Church, a Chinese ethnic-based multi-congregational church, is seeking a pastor to provide spiritual guidance and leadership to Children and Family Ministries of English congregation of 100-120 (350-400 including Cantonese and Mandarin) that seeks to be diverse in ethnicity, culture, and generation.
Job Title: Full-Time English Ministry Pastor for Children & Families
Reports to: Lead Pastor and peers with pastors in English Ministry
The ideal candidate shall have the vision to build up the next generation and a heart for discipleship and missional church. Skills in preaching and teaching are essential. The person should have graduated from an evangelical seminary with at least three years of direct experience with the ministry, a team player, and be able to work in a multi-staff & multi-language environment.
This is a full-time pastoral position to:
- Shepherd the children in nursery, pre-school, and elementary years
- Provide ministries to the parents and families with a holistic approach to the spiritual transformation of the Body.
- Mentor and disciple children ministry volunteers with long-term goals and visions aligned with the church.
- Work together to outreach the children and families through programs such as Chinese School.
We are looking for a pastor who can:
- Grow ministry strategies that focus on the unique needs of parents as their children move through each stage of development.
- Shepherd and develop new Family Ministry team.
- Collaborate with our team to refine existing strategies and take them to the next level.
- Encourage intergenerational gatherings to help the young and all generations to recognize how God is working in the whole family of God
- Work with pastors and leaders to bridge the gap between what children and youth are learning in their programs and what adults are learning in theirs.
- Develop channels of resources that allow the parents to lead in their home in such a way that corporate unity is maintained.
- Oversee training that leads parents to a biblical study to help them understand their role and responsibilities.
- Provide a consistent pastoral presence for the families of our church.
- Assist with the pastoral needs of the congregation (care, equipping, leadership, preaching)
- Bring fresh thinking to the areas of children, students, and