Full-time Children Ministry Pastor
Full-Time Children Ministry Pastor at Port Moody Pacific Grace MB Church (Port Moody, BC, Canada)
- Port Moody Pacific Grace MB church is an Anabaptist, Evangelical Christian Church affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Conference.
- PMPGMBC, located in Port Moody of BC, comprises two congregations, Cantonese and English with Children’s Ministry across both congregations.
- 350 Attendees: 200+ Cantonese, 120 English (Adults & children).
We are seeking a Children Ministry Pastor who has the passion and desire to lead and care for the next generation. PMPGMBC’s children’s ministry is a dynamic and an essential part of the church’s service to God and the community. The Children’s Pastor reports to the Lead Pastor and works closely with other pastoral staff and Children Ministry deacons to develop and oversee the children ministry.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and coordinate all programs related to, and engaging, children (Nursery to Grade 6) across Cantonese and English congregations while partnering with and equipping parents to serve and build strong Christian homes.
- Work with pastoral staff and deacons to realize our church vision and mission statement.
- Models a Christ-like spirit and servanthood in relationships and attitudes towards children, parents, and colleagues.
- Identify, recruit, train, and equip potential volunteers and oversee the whole children’s ministry team.
- Trouble-shoot any problems pertaining to children’s ministry.
- Develop annually and oversee the Children Ministry budget so it effectively and wisely utilizes church resources and maximizes ministry opportunity.
- Make purchases and coordinate tools and materials necessary for the successful running of the children ministry.
- Procure strong understanding of, develop and be able to train on, enforce and maintain the required standard of childcare and nursery care policy.
- Attend and participate in relevant staff meetings.
- Participate in outreach, visits, and counselling as necessary.
Skills and Values
- Demonstrate Christlike characters with core values of being Christ-oriented, Spirit-led, Gospel oriented, missional, teachable, humble and people oriented.
- Pastoral leadership skills such as mentoring, caring and spiritual guidance.
- Skills In preaching and teaching proclaiming the Word of God in Spirit and in Truth.
- Recognize team leadership and willing to work with others, while able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Interested in serving across cultures, with the ability to respect and facilitate support in a multicultural environment.
- Have passion to reach out to children and to see families grow in their faith together.
- Creative in designing and implementing exciting activities and events that are age appropriate.
- Has strong communication skills, and interpersonal skills, energetic and friendly.
- Comfortable in public speaking to adults and children, leading activities, and events.
- Has strong organizational skills, humble, consistent with fresh thinking.
- Graduated from an evangelical seminary.
- Study in Christian education, specializing in spiritual development of children will be an asset.
- Preferably with two years of children ministry experiences in North America.
- Multicultural experience and working in a bilingual context preferred.
- Fluent in written and verbal English; ability to communicate in Cantonese an asset.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Applications.