Full Time Youth Pastor
- Deep Spirituality 1 Timothy 3-4 , 1 Peter 5
a) Profess a saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ
b) Strong teacher with a love for God’s word
c) Born again according to the scriptures
d) Baptized and subscribed to the MB statement of faith
- One who is called to the ministry and exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God
- Formal education is an asset but not required (Bachelor’s Degree and evangelical theological training)
- Previous practical experience in pastoral ministry (internship at another Church with a medium to large size youth group)
- Pastoral philosophy of equipping and discipling students and volunteer leaders
- Commitment to a team approach to ministry including delegating responsibility to team members
- Relational style of leadership and ministry
- Social and high energy
- Self-starter and able to work without direct supervision
- Relate to the unique needs of teenagers in today’s culture
- Recruit, disciple, and sustain a team of volunteer leaders
- Responsible to organize, communicate and administer skilfully and efficiently
- To provide pastoral care of the youth, youth leaders and families of the youth.
- To provide solid biblical teaching so that youth may have an opportunity to come to Christ and grow in their relationship with Him.
- To incorporate practical service opportunities.
- To be involved in the leadership of the College and Career Ministry.
- To be committed to life-long spiritual and theological training.
- To plan, coordinate and facilitate all regular youth activities.
- To prepare a budget in the spring and write an annual report for the annual meeting.
- The Youth Pastor is accountable to the Lead Pastor and the Staff Relations Committee and ultimately to the membership.
- Be personally involved in developing relationships with and reaching out to the unchurched and unsaved in our community.
- Integrate youth into all aspects of church life to create a culture that intentionally inter-generational striving to unite with and compliment other church ministries
- Involved in Sunday morning service and preaching from the pulpit (up to 6 times per year).
- Being in charge of staff, services, and overall ministry when senior pastor is away