Position title: Lead Pastor
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Reports to: Leadership Board
Position type: Permanent Full-Time
Church Size: Medium
King Road MB Church is a multi-generational church committed to fulfilling the Great Commission: internally, locally, and world-wide. We have a good, unified Leadership Board with vision and passion for King Road and for outreach. The heart of the leadership is to equip the church for evangelism and discipleship.
Sunday Services are offered in both the German and English language (it is not required to know the German language), and this is a unique and special part of our church identity. Our church culture is family oriented, and our ministries serve all ages, from toddlers to seniors, with many families who have been part of our fellowship for multiple generations.
Our vision is “Following Jesus. Loving each other. Reaching our world”. We look forward to how God will continue to work in and through our church.
About the Role
The Lead Pastor provides leadership to the pastoral team and ministries through and in support of the overall vision, mission, and purpose of King Road Church.
In addition to preaching God’s Word at worship services and events, the Lead Pastor’s leadership focuses on equipping, resourcing and supporting the pastoral team and ministries as they serve God and His church.
- You have a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a passionate devotion to Christ and His church
- You possess the ability to preach clear, engaging, God-honoring, Gospel-centered Biblical expositions (in the English language)
- You exemplify the biblical leadership qualities of a leader/overseer found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-5.
- You have previous pastoral/church ministry experience (8 – 10 years)
- You relate well with different cultures (it is not required to know the German language to serve in this position, but an appreciation for other languages and cultures is essential)
To learn more about this opportunity, visit kingroad.ca/about/jobs. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter, resume, and testimony of faith.
King Road Church is a part of the Mennonite Brethren family of churches. To that end, agreement with the MB Confession of Faith is required, as well as the commitment to becoming credentialed by our provincial denominational office. Put a different way, theology matters. Additionally, we require successful applicants to become members of King Road Church; this provides a more formal mutual accountability relationship. The successful candidate will be required to complete a vulnerable sector search.