We’re looking for someone who is looking for us.
Killarney Park Mennonite Brethren Church began 60 years ago in a south east neighbourhood of Vancouver. Through God’s leading, the church has a strong history of faithful service, hospitality, meaningful relationships, and innovative activities and experiences that respond to our changing society.
Who are we?
We are a church that seeks to be a Christ-centered, Spirit-filled people who embrace the City’s multicultural identity and to impact others by welcoming and caring for all people and bringing a message of hope:
- a congregation with a big heart for our neighbours and desire to continue growing as a vibrant and intentionally intergenerational and intercultural church community
- a group of people who gather to worship and be challenged and encouraged through biblical teaching
- a welcoming people who seek to live out what Jesus called the two great commandments: “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.” and “You shall love your neighbor as yourself”
- a church that participates actively to offer our skills, talents, and interests, as well as our hands and our feet, so that we can be a community of worshippers and servants who pray, practice, learn, and grow together
- a congregation that seeks to discern how God is moving in us to grow and change
Who are you?
You are a pastor who has has relevant qualifications and demonstrated qualities:
- Has a maturing deepening relationship with Jesus Christ that encourages you to learn and grow and to inspire others to walk with God
- Is a good communicator
- Offers preaching and teaching that is biblical: reflecting God’s desire that in living in our present day, we call on God’s help and guidance to navigate the uncertainty and challenges in our world
- Facilitates communication between people that builds relationship, understanding, mutual respect, and grace—even in difficult situations
- Has a heart to give compassionate pastoral care and foster hospitality
- Provides strategic leadership that helps build the congregation to enact our vision, through equipping, encouraging, and empowering people
- Demonstrated experience in a pastor role
- Graduate degree in theology or a related field
What additional information is important to know?
- You will be asked to agree with the Mennonite Brethren (MB) Confession of Faith and be or become credentialed by the MB Conference
- We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package, based on experience and education
- This posting will be open until the position has been filled.