Port Moody Pacific Grace MB Church
Hiring Lead Pastor
We are seeking a Lead Pastor who has a strong sense of calling to lead our church community to discover and achieve its God-given mission and vision. Our mission is to glorify God as salt and light by praying vigilantly, loving earnestly, serving diligently, rooting deeply in the Word, and witnessing the power of the Gospel. Our vision is equipping Christ-like disciples to impact the generation.
- Port Moody Pacific Grace MB Church is an Anabaptist, Evangelical Christian church affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Conference.
- PMPGMBC comprises two distinct congregations–Cantonese and English, and a Children’s Ministry across both congregations.
- Located in Port Moody, BC with 350 attendees: 200+ Cantonese, 120 English (Adult and Children).
- We are seeking a Full-time Lead Pastor to fill the position as our present lead pastor is retiring by the end of 2022.
Role and responsibility (Ministry)
- Provide strong leadership, coaching, and support to the pastoral/staff team, Church Board, and other church leaders.
- Lead development of the vision, mission, and strategic plans of the church, and effectively communicate and cast the vision to inspire the church and staff to embrace the vision.
- Oversee creation, coordination, and execution of short-term and long-term plans to steer ministries to achieve our vision and goals.
- Oversee Cantonese, and English and Children Ministries such as making disciples, equipping leaders, and reaching out to the community around us through missions, evangelism, and caring ministries.
- Oversee and lead the preaching and teaching ministries of the church, including theologically sound and effective/applicable preaching and teaching to promote spiritual growth.
- Oversee and provide pastoral care for the sick, elderly, or hurting–including visitation, prayer support and counselling.
- Conduct weddings, funerals, and baptisms, as well as provide premarital/marital counselling.
- Build strong community within the church across two congregations, and network effectively with outside church leaders and MB convention leaders.
Educational background and Qualifications
- Years of pastoral ministry, preferably with experience in a multi-generational and multi-congregational setting.
- Hold a MDiv (Master of Divinity) degree or its equivalent from accredited and recognized theological seminaries.
- Ascribe to the doctrine, belief, and practice of the Mennonite Brethren denomination.
- Able to oversee the two congregations (Cantonese, English) and the Children ministry with proficiency in at least one of those languages and some understanding of the cultures of each congregation.
- Pastoral experience in North America is an asset.
- Demonstrate leadership and coaching experiences.