Marketing and Communications Leader
M2/W2 Association is a Christian-based, not-for-profit agency based in Abbotsford, British Columbia, that mentors offenders from correctional institutions and intentionally empowers them to be successful in their reintegration back to society. M2/W2 (Man 2 Man/Women 2 Women) has programs in the following areas:
- Prison Mentorship: 1 on 1 prison mentoring, primarily run by volunteers across 12 institutions primarily in the Fraser Valley. We have a volunteer base of approximately 150 volunteers.
- NOLA (No One Leave Alone): is a reintegration program designed to help provide crucial support for newly released ex-offenders as they re-enter our communities. NOLA was launch in April 2018 and is partially funded by Public Safety Canada (1.23 million-dollar grant).
- Thrift Stores: We have two thrift stores in Abbotsford and Chilliwack (named “Hidden Treasures”) that provide income for the organization and also have inmates working on site which provides them opportunities to interact with society in healthy ways.
The individual will primarily report to the Executive Director and is responsible for M2/W2’s communication in the following areas: social media, marketing/communications, and event planning.
- Develop and maintain the social presence of M2/W2 on multiple social media platforms, the website, as well as fundraising initiatives
- Gather stories and reports from volunteers/staff and ensure that quarterly newsletters and annual reports are prepared and distributed
- Develop electronic media presentations for promoting the work of M2/W2 to churches, donors, and the community
- Work closely with the Executive Director and key staff regarding promotional materials (brochures, newsletters, etc.)
- Assist in editing text and letters to foundations, donors and grant organizations.
- Participate and be part of the planning team for community events
A Successful Candidate will have:
- Training and experience in marketing and promotions
- Ability to write clearly and accurately
- Ability to edit writing and graphics
- Training and experience in Web design
- The ability to engage effectively with all appropriate social media platforms
- Be reliable, self-motivated, take initiative, and be able to engage many different individuals
- A commitment to the ministry and values of the M2/W2 Association
- Flexible part-time,
- Can work from home but attendance at team and staff meeting is required
- 16 hours a week
- 25-30 dollars per hour depending on experience
- Strong possibility of turning into full-time April 2020
October 1 is the projected start date.