Worship Arts Pastor
RICHMOND, BC – FRASERVIEW MB CHURCH – PASTORAL POSITIONS
Fraserview Church: Leading People to Find and Follow Jesus
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a clear testimony of faith in Christ Jesus marked by an intentional journey with Him shaped by personal and communal spiritual disciplines such as reading Scripture, prayer, worship, confession, fellowship, etc.
• Be a creative and passionate leader who desires to see others encounter Jesus in every area of their lives. They will have a firm grasp of how discipleship takes place in the context of the gathered worship of God’s people.
• Have demonstrated the necessary communication, team-building, and administrative skills to thrive in a team environment made up of other pastoral staff, administrative staff, leadership council, band members, and congregants.
• Have musical skill and the ability to lead a band vocally and/or with an instrument.
• Have theological training, and an understanding of the theology of worship and how that theology affects practice.
• Understand and be in broad agreement with Fraserview’s Anabaptist theological heritage.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan and lead biblically and theologically informed gathered worship services that engage the congregation through Scripture, music, and prayer in coordination with the Lead Pastor.
• Source and/or write and deliver appropriate prayers, calls to worship, and sendings that engage the congregation in non-musical expressions of worship.
• Lead midweek band practice.
• Complete set up and tear down on Sunday mornings and for other events/rentals.
• Gather and develop volunteers for participation in gathered worship and other artistic and pastoral responsibilities (music teams, creative team, tech team, etc.)
• Oversee and develop technology by recruiting and training volunteers and suggesting additions and improvements
• Create a ‘songbook’ for Fraserview of theologically rich music which aids the congregation in entering into the full range of the Christian experience
• Upload sermons to website
• Create and manage an annual budget in cooperation with the Finance Chair
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Create slides for gathered worship times
• Provide confidential pastoral care when required, in cooperation with the Lead Pastor
The worship arts pastor position is a half-time/3-day per week position. It may be extended to include other elements of Fraserview’s life depending on the gifts and interests of the individual.