Church on Five is a unique, multicultural congregation in the city of Richmond living out the way of Jesus together for the good of our city. We believe that the church is a family on mission, and we are committed to letting the unconditional love of Jesus shape our lives in every way.
The Worship Pastor of Church on Five will be responsible for all elements of the Sunday service, leading their teams towards the vision of creating a vibrant, authentic environment in which our community can meet with Jesus.
Report to: Lead Pastor
Weekly Hours: 20-25
- Creating a culture of passionate worship that engages the church community: experiential, vibrant, authentic, with musical quality
- Recruiting, developing, and maintaining worship teams and worship leaders
- Incorporating experiential components such as corporate prayer, stories of life change, and communion
- Owning and scheduling for all elements of the service, with special attention to days like kickoff Sunday, Christmas Eve, the first of January, Easter, etc.
- Overseeing and training all technical and visual teams
- Overseeing maintenance of technical equipment
- Playing a meaningful role in working with the lead pastors to create a healthy church culture
- A future consideration, as capacity is developed, is creating Night of Worship experiences 3-4 times a year
- Lives out of a passionate relationship with Jesus, leading with a pastoral Heart and Christ-like character
- Exhibits the capacity to develop worship leaders and a band musically in the modern worship style
- Functions as part of a healthy, dynamic team
- Is an “Owner” of Co5 and engages meaningfully in worship, missional communities, and other church-wide initiatives
- Holds experience leading a band