Youth, Adult/Young Adult, Worship, or Children’s Ministry Intern
Have you ever wondered whether God can use you? Have you wondered if your passions and gifts could be used in the life and work of the church? Are you wanting to discern whether the work of a pastor or ministry leader is part of your life’s calling? Do you want to deepen your relationship with Christ in the context of a thriving church ministry team?
Through practical service, personal mentoring, intentional equipping, and participation in a lively team environment, NLCC’s paid Ministry Internship is designed to equip an emerging leader to discern whether full-time vocational ministry is part of his or her personal calling, and to develop his or her unique gifts and abilities for that calling, through immersive ministry experiences and intentional instruction and mentoring.
The internship commitment runs from September 8, 2020 – May 9, 2021. It is a full-time (40 hours) paid position involving a leadership class, ministry training, personal mentorship, participation in staff prayer and team meetings, and a variety of ministry experiences, with a focus in a particular area of ministry.
Preference will be given to Christian men and women between 21-30 years old who…
- are baptized or willing to be baptized
- are affirmed by ministry leaders as an emerging leader
- are expressing a desire to explore church ministry leadership as a vocation
- evidence at least 2 years of active, volunteer ministry in a local church
- have completed at least 2-3 years of study in university, Bible college, YWAM, Capernwray, or other similar experiences
- Priority consideration will be given to emerging leaders from NLCC and/or other Mennonite-Brethren churches and Bible colleges.
There is one position available for each of the following foci:
- Adult/Young Adult Discipleship
- Youth Ministry
- Children’s Ministry
- Worship Ministry