YOUTH LEADER POSITION
The Highland Community Church (HCC) Youth Group has grown into a special meeting place for the young people of Highland and their friends. Many paid and volunteer hours have been invested to grow and maintain this ministry to youth at HCC. About 25 middle school and high school youth gather every week
About the role:
Highland Community Church is looking to hire a part-time Youth Leader who will give attention to the following values HCC has for youth ministry:
- that our youth have a place to grow in their spiritual formation;
- that our youth continue to be integrated intergenerationally at HCC;
- that our youth receive one-to-one mentoring;
- that we reach out into the community.
Hours & compensation:
- Hours per week: 20-24 hours (If you want to to combine this role with your studies or a second job, we are open to choosing the number of hours that will work best for you.)
- Wage & benefits:
- $20-25/hour, depending on education and experience.
- Extended health & dental benefits for staff who work 22h/week
- Paid vacation days (starting at 3 weeks per year, pro-rated to your weekly hours)
- Flexible work schedule (with the exception of your commitment to Wednesday evening youth gatherings and Sunday morning worship services)
- Access to professional development funding and prayer days
How to apply:
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com. In your letter, tell us why you sense a call to youth ministry and why you’d be a good fit for Highland Community Church.
You can find the job description at https://www.highlandcommunitychurch.ca/job-postings.html