Youth Ministry Intern
- Work alongside the Associate Pastor of Student Ministries to plan and execute two community focused events in May and June.
- Plan and develop a week-long service experience to send off our youth missions team to Port Alberni, B.C., including a community SummerBlast VBS that will be offered to Gateway Community Church, which is in an area that could not otherwise afford it. It will also include evening projects that the group will go on to improve the community.
- Assist in the development and execution of our community SummerBlast VBS held at South Abbotsford Church.
- Plan and execute up to five community focused youth events for youth in the community surrounding South Abbotsford Church.
- Work alongside local non-profit organizations to plan outings where youth in the South Abbotsford Church neighborhood can serve and develop a lifestyle of serving those less fortunate (eg. Gleaners, Food Bank, MCC, Cyrus Center, etc.).
- Organize and run a weekly youth community drop-in program at South Abbotsford Church. Plan, teach and recruit volunteers for summer Sunday School lessons/ Middle School Discussions.
- Previous experience with youth or children (preferred)
- Ability to communicate to a wide range of audience (children to adults)
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills